Intro to the Back-end
Learn more about our back-end approach here.
⚒ Our back-end is built using the ⚡ FastAPI ⚡ framework.
We definitely would not have a fully functioning REST API (with documentation!) if it wasn't for FastAPI's tool and aim to speed up development.
- OpenAPI standards enforced along with automatic Swagger documentation. This was an important feature for our front-end team to learn how to communicate with our API.
- ORM support between database models and API response schemas. This is done through SQLALchemy (database API) and Pydantic (schema library).
- FastAPI is ready for production! Unlike other python frameworks, FastAPI is easily ready for production with minimal changes. Uvicorn helps this process as it runs FastAPI on an ASGI server.
- AWS EC2 allows us to easily scale our website. It offers more control over how our app is served and has better pricing in the long-run.
- NGINX is easier to learn than Apache as a college student with little background in XML syntax.
You can check out our REST API here.
We get most of our data by quering Yelp's GraphQL API.